There is not a way to turn comments on or off for all published posts and pages at once. However, you can use the bulk edit feature to change many posts or pages at a time.
- Go to the Posts -> All Posts screen in your blog dashboard.
- Select the posts you would like to modify or check the box next to “Title” column at the top to select all posts on that page.
- Select Edit from the Bulk Actions drop down menu.
- Click the Apply button.
- Change the options for Comments and Pings to Allow or Do not allow.
- Click the Update button.
- Repeat with your Pages.
For more info, check out this site: http://en.support.wordpress.com/enable-disable-comments/
I found a YouTube video that explains how to do one page or post at a time here:
How to Upload a PDF File to Your WordPress Blog
by DON CAMPBELL · 4 COMMENTS
Have you ever wanted to make a PDF file available for download on your WordPress blog or website?
For example, maybe you want to make your patient pre-visit form available on your website so new patients can print it off at him and fill it in before coming to the office.
This video shows you how to use the “Add Media” button in the WordPress editor to upload an Adobe PDF file and link to it from a WordPress Page or WordPress Post.
You could also do this for a Word document, Powerpoint presentation, or any other type of file you want to make available on your blog.
via How to Upload a PDF File to Your WordPress Blog.
This is my first website and blog, and this is my first post.
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can alway preview any post or edit you before you share it to the world.